Saturday, August 3, 2013

Yep, I love Cali

I thought about blogging yesterday, but it would have only been about food, which in retrospect might not have been so terrible.  Maybe I'll do a combo post today. I'll talk about the delicious food from yesterday, coupled with why I love Cali.  How's that sound?

My buddy, Chris, AKA C Chan, and I love Korean BBQ.  It's safe to even say that is "our thing". Our lives were made even better, when we discovered the all you can eat for $9.99. But this happiness was put on hold when we became busy with our films. Remember the post about the tv pilot - Life's a Pitch? Well, that's his show. So he's busy working on that, I'm busy working on Collectible Items, and somehow, the KBBQ is what suffers. But not yesterday.  No, yesterday we made the time to go and eat as much delicious, delicious BBQ as our bodies could hold.  And sadly to say, we've done better. Clearly, not going for over three months has put our bodies at a disadvantage. But now that we're aware of our handicap, we will work to over come it.

Last weekend my cousin gave me some fresh mint from her garden. I got home and told Cody that we should make mojitos on Friday night. So I googled a pretty impressive mojito recipe and then decided that the proper pairing would be shrimp tacos. So I googled a recipe for that as well.  Needless to say, I'm apparently a brilliant google user, because the recipes that I picked were the best! They were so yummy that we decided to have a repeat of that. I'm just saying.

http://www.musingsofahousewife.com/2009/05/mojitos.html  

http://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/browse-all-recipes/grilled-shrimp-tacos-10000000635602/index.html


That brings us up to speed and puts us on today. While hanging out with C Chan yesterday, we decided we should go hiking today. Hiking is also one of our things, but it's not exclusive like KBBQ. For instance, I can hike with other people, and I often do, but neither of us is allowed to have KBBQ without the other. That's right, we're not allowed. I don't even know if it's something we talked about, or if it's just an unspoken rule, but either way, we found time to hike today.  We hadn't done that since April.


The high today is 82 degrees. The sun is out, and the clouds look like they were painted. The hike was perfect. You should know that this was my first week back in the gym since May, so this hike started off kind of brutal.  But, I got used to it and was able to enjoy myself.  As I hiked, I thought about my friends scattered around the country.  In Philadelphia it's been raining everyday. In Texas and in Vegas, it's too hot to leave the house unless you're going to the lake or a pool. I'm reminded every time I hike, just how much I love Los Angeles.  The traffic sucks. It's expensive to go out. There's no parking in Hollywood. Yet somehow, in LA, I'm laying in bed with the window open and the breeze is blowing cool air on me in August.  

I'm so blessed to wake up every morning and pursue the field that I love while living in a city that I love.  Making movies and living in LA used to just be a dream.  I think it's safe to say that I'm living my dream.

#WWJFD

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome! Sounds like a fabulous dinner and a great day for a hike!

    ReplyDelete