Thursday, August 1, 2013

Networking!

I know that when I blog it leaves the impression that I go out and do fun things on a regular basis.  Believe me when I say that is an illusion. I very seldom leave the house, which is why it's kind of a big deal when I do. Which is always why things like last night are so exciting for me!


There is a lounge not too far from here that shows independent films every Wednesday night. One of my teachers told me about it and said that we should go check it out. So Charlie and I went last night.  Remember, I don't leave the house that often, so when a chance to get dressed up and meet new people presents itself, I'm super giddy about it.  Charlie texted me asking what  I was gonna wear. Okay, I bought these brown boots three years ago, and I'm like a four year old when it comes to these boots.  I know that I'm wearing them, and then the rest of the outfit has to work with them.

I wore a long, flowing, black dress that is shorter in the front and longer in the back, a green belt and my brown boots.  Whenever I get dressed up, I call it "playing dress up".  So fun! The Xen Lounge, owned by Tisha Campbell and Duane Martin, was so swanky!  It was classy and adorable. There's an outside area, and they set up a big screen for the films. Needless to say, the outside was packed, so Charlie and I found ourselves inside.  But man, there were a lot of attractive people there. It was great people watching.





They showed four short films, and we met a few people from USC.  Overall, it was pretty cool.  I didn't do as much networking as I would've liked, but next time, I will.  And of course, the goal is to have my last film, A Difficult Thank You, be screened there. I'll let you guys know when that happens. But for now, I got get back to writing. Collectible Items isn't gonna write itself! What would James Franco do?


#WWJFD

No comments:

Post a Comment