Thursday, August 29, 2013

I Love It When A Plan Comes Together

Well hello there! I know, I know, it's been a while. I have my reasons, but none of them are good excuses. So let's move past all of the side dishes and get to the meat!


Part of movie making on the independent level is raising the funds to actually shoot your movie. J'Vanne and I have been working to secure money to film Collectible Items, and one of the things we decided was to start an Indiegogo campaign. I called up a few buddies, Rich Lester, Miguel and Joey and grabbed some equipment from school.

We loaded all of the equipment in my new house, and everyone looked at me, waiting for my plan. I didn't have a plan. My plan was to grab a few friends and camera equipment and shoot a video. Now, this is the part that I love. We started throwing out ideas, and next thing you know, we had something incredible in our minds, and we set to work.  I'd also like to publicly apologize to Cody who relocated several times so that we could film in the different parts of the house. Thanks Cody for your patience with us!


I think about all that has happened over the last couple of years, and one thing holds true; I love making movies!  We're all so busy at this point in our lives, but it feels good to know that I can call up a couple of friends to help me with a project and not only will they show up, they'll help me write it, act in it and help me edit.  We shot this film so quickly that I had a few moments of insanity when I started thinking that I should film a webseries. Then I reminded myself that I'm shooting a feature film in two months and have more than enough work cut out for me without trying to add a webseries to the To Do list. But rest assured, when Collectible Items is done, I'll crank out a webseries!



I spent last night editing the video and it looks great. Visually it looks great and the story line is quite amusing. And the music, I reached out to my buddy James (not Franco) and he whipped something up for me and it works great with what we shot! My pal Shawn did some graphics. Overall, it's a nice piece of work! Once all of the fine tuning is done, the Indiegogo site will go live and you'll be able to check it out!

Thank you for your continued support of Collectible Items and the process it takes for this film to come together.

I know what you are all thinking, James Franco would film the webseries and still work on getting the feature up and running. Well...I'm not there yet, but I'm working up to it.

#WWJFD

No comments:

Post a Comment