Wednesday, November 6, 2013

American Film Market

Hello there! So, one of the things that I love the most about living in Los Angeles is that there are so many film related things that are just at my disposal. My buddy Chris told me today that he signed me up for an advanced screening of Spike Lee's "Oldboy".  Just another free screening of a movie before it comes out. Yippee!

Another thing that is always happening is some sort of film festival. Well it just so happens that AFM (American Film Market) comes to Santa Monica every November, and people come from all over the world to buy and sell films. Today I met someone from: Germany, France, England, Australia, and Austin. I'm forgetting the others, but these are the places that stood out. I'll go into more detail about AFM tomorrow. Right now, I have to tell you what happened when Chris and I were leaving AFM.

Chris and I were walking to my car when we heard a BUMP. It sounded exactly like someone got hit by a car. We walk a couple of feet and see a bicycle laying in the street. Our gaze was immediately carried to the cyclist who was already at the side of the car, kicking and punching it. That's right, this guy got hit by a car, jumped up and proceeded to beat the car - VIOLENTLY! He was punching the driver's window like he intended to break it out. I was so scared for the poor driver who had pulled over with every intention of checking on the cyclist, but instead was in the car calling 911. The cyclist then proceeded to climb ON TOP of the car, I'm talking about the roof of the car, and jump up and down on it.

Chris and I kept walking because there was another biker with the guy and he was taking it upon himself to yell at every car that stopped to ask if they needed help. "Just go! Mind your f***ing business! Stop causing a scene!" Yep, that's what he was yelling while his friend was attacking a car. So no, we didn't try to help. We stayed on the other side of the street and minded our own f***ing business.

Then, the friend stops yelling at cars and makes his way to our side of the street, where he proceeds to get in a yelling match with a guy who was on foot. The guy jumps off his bike and starts acting like he's about to fight this bystander. I don't know if he punched him or what, because we got to my car and turned around and saw the police pull up. That's about the time that they both jumped on their bikes and got out of there. So we see the cops speed off after them, but we don't know what happened. From our vantage point, it looked like they were trying to run from the cops.

So…I spent my day meeting people to help with the advancement of my career, and I finished it with witnessing biker rage. What a random day! And guess what, I'm going back tomorrow. Can't wait to see what the day brings. Khimbia, you're right, maybe I should carry a taser!

Still a lot of work to be done to get this movie off the ground. I met some good people today, and it was only the beginning. Tomorrow, I will have my game face on. After all, what would James Franco do?

No comments:

Post a Comment